Math for Grade 9
GRADE 9 Algebra 1:
The students will receive instruction in and demonstrate the ability to perform mathematical functions and problem-solving in key areas of Algebra,Geometry,Trigonometry,Patterns and relationships,Data analysis and probability,linear,exponential and quadratic functions.
Textbook: Math 9
Eureka Math, A Story of Functions: Algebra I, Module 1-5: A Synthesis of Modeling with Equations and Functions 1st Edition
- Student Textbook & homework book
- Problem of the Day
- CD / DVD support
- Practice and Enrichment Worksheets
- Manipulative materials
- Assessment Sourcebook
45 minutes per day, 2 days per week
- Numbers-rational numbers,square roots and cube roots.
- Operations-add,subtract,multiply and divide rational numbers.
- Ratios,rate and proportions-word problems to solveproportions and scale drawings.
- Exponential functions-domain and range:graphs and equations.
- Expressions and properties,variables and equations,linear functions.
- Matrices-matrix vocabulary,add,subtractand multiply.
- Trigonometry-sin,cos and tan.
- Radical expressions-add,subtract,multiply and divide radical expressions.
- Geometric measurement-perimeter,area,volume,word problemsin pythagorean theorem.
- Probability-permutation and combination notations
- Factoring –factor out monomials and polynomials.
- Data and graphs-create bar and line graph,interpret stem and leaf plots
- Direct and inverse variations.
- Linear equations-slope-intercept form,point-slope form.
- Single variable inequalities,absolute value equations and inequalities.
Areas to be evaluated:
- Class participation
- Homework assignments
- Group projects
- Graphing project
- Review games and activities