Math for Grade 10
Grade 10 Math:
The students will receive instruction in and demonstrate the ability to perform mathematical functions, problem-solving and reasoning and proof in key areas of Algebra,Geometry,Trigonometry,patterns and relationships,Data analysis and probability.
Textbook: Math 10
HIGH SCHOOL MATH COMMON-CORE GEOMETRY PRACTICE/PROBLEM SOLVING WORKBOOK GRADE 9/10 3/15/11 Edition
- Student Textbook & homework book
- Problem of the Day
- CD / DVD support
- Practice and Enrichment Worksheets
- Manipulative materials
- Assessment Sourcebook
45 minutes per day, 2 days per week
- Algebra review-scale drawings,linear and quadratic equations.
- Points,lines and segments-midpoint and distance formula.
- Angles-vertical,adjacent and congruent.
- Parallel and perpendicular lines-identifying and constructing.
- Triangles-classification,Angle-sum theorem.
- Two and three dimensional figures-review,nets ,drawings and cross sections.
- Logic-Hypothesis,conditionals and negations.
- Congruent triangles-SSS,SAS,ASA and AAS theorems.
- Transformations-translation,reflection,rotation and dilation.
- Triangles-midsegments,bisectors and identify medians.
- Quadrilaterals-classification and graph.
- Symmetry and similarity.
- Circles-arc measure and arc length,tangent lines.
- Vectors-Add and subtract ,find magnitude and component form of vectors.
Areas to be evaluated:
- Class participation
- Homework assignments
- Group projects
- Graphing project
- Review games and activities